The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) is a statutory body formed as a result of a merger between the Registrar of Companies (ROC) and the Registrar of Businesses (ROB) in Malaysia which regulates companies and businesses. SSM came into operation on 16 April 2002.
The main activity of SSM is to serve as an agency to incorporate companies and register businesses as well as to provide company and business information to the public. As the leading authority for the improvement of corporate governance, SSM fulfils its function to ensure compliance with business registration and corporate legislation through comprehensive enforcement and monitoring activities so as to sustain positive developments in the corporate and business sectors of the Nation.
SSM is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the following legislation:
– Companies Regulations 2017
– Interest Scheme Regulations 2017
– Registration of Businesses Rules 1957
– Companies Commission of Malaysia (Licensing of Secretaries) Regulations 2017
– Limited Liability Partnership Regulations 2012